Thursday, January 24, 2013

I just can't get over Les Miserables Movie Version

I am a big fan of musicals and stage plays and knowing that one of my favorites will turn into a movie excites me much!! I totally waited for Les Miserables, as I grew up singing On my own. :)

I watched the film on its first weekend so I expected the line of people wanting to watch this very popular musical. Les Miserables is also very close to Filipino's heart as Lea Salonga played in its broadway show in both Fantine and Eponine, this was one of the most popular Filipino pride!

My attentiveness was like a kid watching a cartoon. I was listening carefully to all the tones and lyrics. I was breathing every scene like I am part of it, my obsession with this musical play. Its kinda amazing to see popular actors and actresses playing the roles. I must say that Hugh Jackman might not be the best person I pictured for the role of Jean Valjean but he did his conviction with the character.

I was specially touched, move or whatever you might call it by Anne Hathaway's solo of I Dream a Dream. My tears fell with her scene. Some friends of mine thinks it was too "ngalngal" but I think that the camera shot and angle was so simple but yet so dramatic. The way she sang might not be the best since she is really not a singer or Lea, but the expression on her face shows real pain!

The On my Own since for me was a bit disappointing. Since I listed to Lea's version over and over, her high notes in my head cannot be erased so I was not so pleased with the movie's version. I find the solo scene quite lame as well as Eponine was just suddenly alone at the street with rain over her, we've seen too much of this type of dramas.

Borat and Helena made the whole movie less boring for those who are not musical enthusiast. Helena seems to be just herself :)

All in all the movie was great even Russell Crowe's voice was not suited for a musical. He was better a regular actor.

While watching the movie, I keep on thinking that I've seen the guy who played Enjolras, the rebel guy in red.  I have this itchy feeling "Ive seen this guy before but I cant remember" So after the movie I asked for the help of our dear friend Google to find out more and I was right!, He was Tripp from Gossip Girl :)


No comments:

Post a Comment