Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Book Vs The Movie : The Silver Linings Playbook


Since I both love reading and watching movies, I always have this comparison but mostly the book wins!! 

The Silver Linings Playbook
First attempt: I started with the movie first due the Oscar fuzz. 20 minutes after the movie started, I feel asleep.. Epic fail! 

A friend said she was reading the book and I told her I find the movie boring but okay let me try reading the book. 

The book was actually nice. I like Pat's character. He was not mentally stable, thinking most American Literature I read was Americans with some mental disorder or depression. Spell the ever famous Catcher in the Rye...  

Anyway, Love the book, love the twist, love the semi -lovestory, I find the football fanatic part boring but I love the character of Tiffany(played by Jennifer Lawrence ).  I love that all questions in my mind were revealed at the end slowly... just like how the reality was revealed to Pat. 

Then I watched the movie right after I read the book.. ebook for a more precise information. As in right after... 

Just when Pat left the mental institution I was already horrified with disbelief! The cliffhanger reason why he became mentally disoriented was spilled out right away! grrrr..  You cannot feel the feeling of wanting to know exactly why he SHOULD Forget some parts of his life. 

There are scenes also out of the story line. There was no feelings in each words and the most frustrating part was him seeing Nicky! Bummer! Because that's the whole point of the movie. He never saw Nicky again face to face and he learned to let go.....

The dance, the most important part of the book was totally change into a cheesy contest that was supported by his Father. His Father never support his dance which was supposed to be "Total Eclipse of the heart" 

The ending was so lame that they just turned it into a love story. 

Anyway, This was the worst movie adaptation I've ever seen. Its not like the book at all! They should have just used another movie tittle!

Ps: I'm loving Mathew Quick's writing.. I'm currently reading Boy21.... :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment