Friday, April 27, 2012

The Boy named "T"

I met this young Japanese guy named “T” for Tetsuya. From our first meeting I reminded him not to say his name twice since in our language “Titi” means penis. :) He was a very thin guy with bangs almost reaching his small Japanese eyes. He’s always in his dark blue long sleeves and if you like watching animae, he looks like the typical Japanese teenage boy. Very close to “L” of Deathnote if I may say.

He says hi when he passed by our small room and when I visit a friend of mine in their room we started this very weird conversation. He is a very weird guy, I listened to his iPod and instead of hearing music, he was listening to some kind of psychological voice “take a deep breath, relax”.. something like that... He told me his story about Canada and he was willing to go back and be a citizen. He watches about Canada in youtube especially those funny Canadian antics that mock American. He was once in Canada with a girl for a road trip and he was kinda left at the middle of the trip, what a sad story.

We never really hang-out much, just a simple acquaintance in the office premises. He asked us to take him to Greenhills but never happened. Once I saw him at the Veranda, suddenly he asked me “Haze, you think I can fly from this 43th floor” and I just replied “You can always fly anywhere you want”. From then I understood him, I knew there was something about the boy named “T”. It’s not about weirdness; he is just another person who’s aware about life.

One day I saw him reading a book, I asked since I like reading but never found what I really like. He was so surprised that I did not know the author and bragging about him since he is also Japanese. He told me that he will lend it to me once he finished since it was in English.

The day that he was leaving and going back to Japan he handed me the book. He said that he never had the chance to finish it but he would like me to have it and he wrote his name and address on the cover. “I might not be in that address, I always move around”, that was his last words. He gave me the book called “Hard boiled wonderland and the End of the world” by Haruki Murakami. This was my first Murakami book and I never stopped reading his work until now.

*** We all have a story to tell about the people that we have met. Some you cannot even remember but there are those who will leave you a special memory or made a change in your life. Maybe one day my next story is about you.

Image

The animae character that looked the boy named "T"

No comments:

Post a Comment