Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My own "Happiness Project"

During my last beach vacation, I saw this book hanging from my friend's bag and as I a book worm myself I cannot help to ask what is the book and what is it about. This is how I stumble upon the book "The Happiness Project" that made a difference in me. I read this book at once and the book is quite easy to read. Its like a narrative book by Gretchen Rubin on how she started her own "Happiness Project: I will not go into details with regards to the book as I don't want to be a spoiler, I just want to dedicate this post on what makes me happy. :)

Happy PEOPLE = Happy me :)

I am such a people person and I talk a lot. This is why I recognize that I am happy around people but not just people but happy people. I love hearing people's stories while sharing mine too. I love talking to those people who has the same interest like books, movies, music or just anything under the sun. I dearly remember people even with short acquaintances, I remember people I met in the plane or from some of my travels or from parties or just anywhere. And I treasure those I know for years coz friendship is happiness.

Me loving people is actually contradicting when I say that I am also happy with my alone time.

Me alone = Happy me :)

I am an only child, so i am used to having my alone time. I learn to know what I want to do in times that I am alone. I love reading, watching TV or movies. I treasure moments like this as I am with myself. No body is an Island but it wont hurt to be alone for awhile coz being along means you can be yourself, do whatever you want without any pressure from anyone.

If my stomach is happy = Happy me :)

Almost my whole life I control what I eat. I grew up a bit chubby as I am an only child. My parents love giving me my favorites but when you hit puberty you don't want that extra cuteness you once had. But at this point of my life I recognized that good food can actually make me happy but it doesn't mean I just eat whatever. Feeling good about your body is also important so I am just trying to maintain a weight while enjoying the goodness of food.

Books = I'm Happy

Books is one of my weakness. Just being inside a book store can make me really happy. I used to just go in a book store and look around if I feel dull. Its like a energy source of place for me.  Reading is like an exercise for my brain. I love it when the story takes me anywhere, my imagination is actually the TV and I am picturing the scenes and the characters. I read whatever interest me. I even have this thing with books that I want it covered in a clear plastic before I read it. I just recently bought a Kindle due to its availability in our country and I an ecstatic with happiness when I got it and still very much happy while using it for my reading!

Playing Music = I'm Happy

I love music so much that I tried learning how to play guitar by myself when I was in my 5th grade. I used to have a band with some friends and I play bass. Playing music gives me a different type of happiness. Creating music is like creating a tune in the air that raises my soul into oblivion. Listening to music relaxes me too and gives me such focus especially when I'm working. But I cannot read a book while listening to music...:)

Writing = I'm Happy!

this is why I keep this blog.........

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog and I have to tell you, I totally agree with everything you said! As long as you do things that you like to do you'll be happy(: and meeting people that are happy, they really stick! I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and then i found you! :) welcome to blogger.com honey! follow me at http://gfootsteps.blogspot.com/.. i already added your blog to my feed.. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete