Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy First Mother's Day!

This year will be my official mother’s day celebration. My little one will be celebrating her birthday this June. I am very much excited and looking forward for this Sunday. Motherhood was the best thing that happened to me. This experience changed a lot on how I see things and how I see love. I never knew that this type of love exist, the love of a mother to her child. I dated my husband for 7 years before we got married last 2010 and before the end of that year, I got pregnant.

Pregnancy is another thing. It wasn’t easy and I always say that the feeling was a bit weird especially when she was getting bigger inside.  It’s like an “Alien” experience especially when she was moving inside of me. Just funny thinking how my friends always tease my “penguin walk” with my big belly.  No holds bar when it comes to eating. The mentally that every food your enjoying, the little one enjoys too.

Giving birth was really unforgettable. It’s really “labor” as its physically tiring plus the pain. I have such high pain tolerance but the pain of giving birth arrrgggghhh!  But after all my efforts, I called out for a C section.  I was fully aware of what’s happening even after I was injected with anesthesia.  My mind was imprinted of her first glimpse of this world.  I get chills when I remember my little one like a curled up ball when she was pulled out from my tummy.  My first kiss to her before she was taken to be cleaned gave me a feeling of fulfillment and such joy that I cannot explain.

I came back to work a month after giving birth. Most are surprised as most women will have to rest for 3 months but I felt more inspired and happy to go back to work and do my thing.  I know that being a working woman is not the best for the little one as she needs my attention but for this country I am living, this is practical.  Even with my absence, I make sure that I take good care of her in the best way I can.  I want to be better in any way coz I want her to be proud of me.



Having a child is like having a reason for living. Being a mom is not an easy job. It’s a life time commitment that is full of frustration and struggles but she is the best part if me. I know that there will never be the greatest mother in this earth, as a child will always have their issues.  But I will try my best to make sure that my little one will grew happy in this world of ours.

I salute all the mothers in the world and advance happy mother’s day!

No comments:

Post a Comment