Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Train Story

I’ve been riding the metro for years now. It has been the fastest transportation facility that can take me anywhere escaping the traffic jam. With all these years of riding the train, I experienced a lot of things and noticed a lot around me.  I have to spend around 45 minutes going one way to work that is about 12 train stops and with all these years and time, I am now writing my Train Story.

The Mosh Pit

I prepare much before going to work, not only on how I look but I prepare my body for THE MOSH PIT. Rush hour is seriously rush hour!  Due to its time convenience, a lot of people are using the metro and without the discipline, the train ride turns into a mosh pit. There’s a lot of pushing and body to body contact.   You must be mentally and physically prepared.  You should know how to strategies as well, like know where the train door will stop so you can be on the move once it’s open. You must know where to stand to be a bit comfortable when the next round of people comes in. All this things you need to know and experience made me an expert train mosh pit rider.

The shoes and the bags

Since I have the heart for shoes and bags, these are the main things I usually notice inside the train. I normally ride on the female couch so it will be more comfortable for me even if the train couch is over populated.  I am amazed on how many kinds of shoes and bags there is.  With my keen observation, I seldom see people with the same shoes or bags, so I cannot imagine how many style, colors or brands of shoes and bags are available out there. In the train, you will know “what in” in different age level or in different walks of life.

The Fight Club

What do you expect from a lot of girls inside one couch??? A lot of fighting!  This is the downside when I choose to ride on the girl’s only train couch but it’s better than those nasty guys who will try to rub their body to you intentionally.  The fights can be sometimes funny and entertaining. They fight for one reason, their space in the train.  I had few minor fights of my own.  There was this girl who keep on moving around beside me, I told her to stop moving because it’s hurting me, it was a body to body situation that I think I can faint standing.  She answered back in a very bad tone saying that she cannot move and asking me to move. I said in a sharp town, where should I move, that’s your body on my back and this girl’s back right on front of me, you should have took a plane so you will not feel that way.

Then there’s the fight about robbers.  Train robbers or those pick pockets are quite rampant as well. So you have to protect and be alert all the time.  Some will pretend as a victim so other people’s attention will be lost, and then they will hunt for a victim.

My reading

I love reading a lot but with my hectic schedule it’s getting hard to find them where and when to read.  This is something I love about the train, I can read. I have read and finished books just by reading while I am in the train. Its 12 train stops and around 45 minutes if there’s no long stop. It’s actually a good time to read.  I cannot forget this one time I was reading “The Lost Symbol”. I had the hard bound on my hand when I entered the train couch.  I did not get a seat so I was standing in front of this guy. When I open the book he was saying “No NO NO, don’t preach”.  I was dumbfounded by his reaction then I laugh so hard when I realized that he thought I will start preaching in the train.  I said, No no no too, it’s a book I’m reading, and then he pretended to just sleep.

I know that I will have more train stories, the experiences are sometimes frustrating but I am just thinking that this is an adventure I have to take in my everyday working life. Every morning, I had to go to the end to begin when In fact the 3rd station is near my place.  I’ll rather spend more time and pay double just to avoid getting hurt.

 Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

ImageImage

Image

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment